Sep 4, 2009

Neil Gaiman's Bookshelves



I am, without a doubt, a bibliophile. For the last few months, I thought maybe I should get rid of some of my books to make room in the somewhat smaller apartment LP and I moved into. That is, until I saw the Neil Gaiman post on Shelfari. Gaiman's book collection well more than eclipses my own, and most of his books are probably actually pretty good. Now I kind of want to go out and buy more books to try and catch up with him! If I can't be a famous author, at least I can own books like one!

Naturally we’d assumed that someone whose work is filled with references ranging from literary to mythological would have a fairly extensive library but even so, we were a bit unprepared for the scope of what he sent us. In the basement of his house of secrets we find a room that’s wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling with books (along with a scattering of awards, gargoyles and felines). The photo above hints at what’s there, but here are a few close-ups:
Source: Shelfari

If you're so inclined, you can take a look at Gaiman's Shelfari bookshelf. It's a pretty interesting collection.

Previous related articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment