Sep 23, 2009

99 Problems / 99 Red Balloons Mash-Up



Who knows if this will be up for very long due to some form of infringement, but while it is, check it out. It's a wonderful mash-up of Jay-Z's '99 Problems' and Nena's '99 Luftballoons', and I definitely give it my thumbs-up. There are plenty of '99 Problems' mixes out there, but this one is by far the best I've found.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the chorus, but otherwise the two versions work so well together. It reminds me of when Danger Mouse made The Gray Album, a mixture of Jay-Z's Black Album and The Beatles' White Album. Oh, those days were so innocent, when only one ostensibly illegal album could cause such an uproar. Imagine if the music industry of 2004 could take a peek into 2009. What would It think?



And there's also Beatallica, which sort of counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment