Sep 12, 2009

Johnny Cash Elivs Impersonation



Johnny Cash died six years ago today, and instead of posting something depressing about him, I thought I'd show his rather acerbic sense of humor instead. This is a video of him goofing on stage, riffing on Elvis's stage act. He's not (always) the brooding Man-In-Black that people made him out to be, but he was a great musician and a terribly important influence on country music and, later, rock as well.

Here is what Bob Dylan had to say about him in Rolling Stone:

I was asked to give a statement on Johnny's passing and thought about writing a piece instead called "Cash Is King," because that is the way I really feel. In plain terms, Johnny was and is the North Star; you could guide your ship by him — the greatest of the greats then and now. I first met him in '62 or '63 and saw him a lot in those years. Not so much recently, but in some kind of way he was with me more than people I see every day.


Just for S-n-Gs, I also decided to post a performance of 'Cocaine Blues'. It's my favorite Johnny Cash song. Hey, it's my blog. I can do that kind of stuff with my blog on Gameday Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment