Sep 11, 2009

'Braid' on XBox 360

Braid trailer from David Hellman on Vimeo.



If I owned an XBox 360, then I would probably be on XBox Live buying this game right now. Braid is a platformer that lets you to do more than run and jump. In it, you can manipulate time and 'undo' death and even see multiple realities play out simultaneously. It was developed by independent programmer/designer Jonathan Blow, and the game won "the 'Game Design' Award at the Independent Games Festival in 2006." Honestly, it looks very, very cool.

Here is a more in-depth description from the game's web site:

Braid is a platform game in a painterly style where you manipulate the flow of time to solve puzzles. Every puzzle in Braid is unique. There is no filler. Braid treats your time and attention as precious. Braid does everything it can to give you a mind-expanding experience.


If you go to Steampowered.com, you can buy the game for $4.99 this weekend only. From everything I've seen and heard about it, the purchase price looks totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. If you like platformers, it's a great addition to your game catalog. It's constructed as an homage to the first SMB, but there's a great twist at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dude. I was wondering if you'd played it. I only wish I had an XBox 360. I suppose I could download it for the PC, eh?

    ReplyDelete