Aug 2, 2006

To Throw More Tomatoes at Joel Siegel

Tonight is a night for ridicule, by God, because I'm really tired and this Joel Siegel thing really pisses me off.

I've always thought that most - notice I said most, Drew - critics are unnecessary idiots and don't necessarily gauge the audiences they speak for very well.

Remember, Rolling Stone ripped on Led Zeppelin throughout the seventies.

Below is a quote from a review of a promotional suaree for M. Night Shyamalan's The Village. I didn't think the movie was as bad as most everyone else did, and yet I couldn't love it as much as Joel Siegel Did/Not Did.

There was one good thing about this event and one bad thing. The good thing, M. Night Shyamalan, the bad thing, Joel Siegel. Siegel has to be the biggest Hollywood suck up in the world of film critics. He was so in love with Shyamalan I swear I thought he might kiss him! In my mind Siegel destroyed whatever credibility he had when Shyamalan commented that he was worried that critics would have bad things to say about The Village and Siegel replied with something like “ You don't have to worry about me, you know I'll love it”. He's saying the movie is great before he has even seen it. He admitted at the beginning that he hadn't yet seen the film. He was just disgusting to watch.


From Cinegeek.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment