Aug 10, 2006

Wow! An eBay Experience Like Dropping Bombs!

I had planned for tonight's post to be about the trouble in the Middle East and the firestorm surrounding the Israeli bombings in Lebannon, but in the end my experience with eBay won out.

Aren't you glad? I was going to talk about terrorism and Israel's bombings (whether or not it is in self-defense). The subject of anti-Muslim sentiment in America today (Neal Boortz says "it's a cult; it's not even a religion" [his words not mine]) would come up. I was even going to challenge Neal's statements - not the ones above - that "all terrorists are Muslims."*

However, I had a battle of my own today, and I was droppin' bombs like Hiroshima. Well, if you substitue bombs with bids and Hiroshima with a Dual USB iBook G3+airport with Bonus iPod 20gig!!, then I'd be an explosion-making Mother[curse word]. Right?

So, as of today, I was watching a computer/iPod auction on eBay, and I'd been playing coy, bidding only when I had to. And, yesterday, some punk started outbidding me. I said, "no sir." This guy started a battle. He casually placed bids on an auction on eBay, not even knowing that I had it in for him. And it was on!

Over the course of the day, the tension mounted. He'd bid. I'd bid and overtake him. He'd bid again and I'd have to put him in place. Blam! Blaw! Ping! I was throwin' bullets (bids) at his ass (the auction).

I was determined not to let the guy win, and I succeeded. He bowed out at the three hundred dollar mark.

The only problem was, I'd used all of my ammo (money) on blasting him (eating fast food), and I couldn't stave off the Mac-hungry hoards (people who thought the same auction was a good bargain).

Needless to say, I lost the auction (auction). Now I'm sitting in the barracks (the library), waiting on another mission (something cheaper).

*Neal Boortz quote from Media Matters for America

3 comments:

  1. I get incredibly hostile in my eBay endeavors. Not quite “Hiroshima” hostile, but pretty close.

    Here's hoping you win the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 PM

    awwww man you lost? sad. well maybe you'll find something else soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know. I already found another computer. It's pretty awesome.

    I didn't even have to bid. I beat him into submission (clicked "Buy it Now").

    ReplyDelete