Aug 20, 2006

Lieberman Jabs Rumsfeld; Pandering Begins

I've extensively covered the Liberman loss and, while I think that Jinx Protocol is singlehandedly responsible for the Lamont victory, I don't know what will become of this race if it continues to get weirder and weirder.

The news up to this point has included a Republican-backed Lieberman, and that's about the extent to which I expected the tactic to be different this time around.

However, now that his nuts are on the chopping block, Joe Lieberman is going for the I'm-so-obvious-it's-not-even-funny angle by criticizing the military.

Now? Really? Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised, I'm just, well, incredulous.

According to the Times, Lieberman pandered to the anti-war Dems by asking for the resignation of Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld.

Go figure. What a pathetic mess he's become, and in such a short time.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:18 AM

    Gosh, Lieberman, "Pink Joe," could get Rummy's resignation in a shot with a simple (well, not really) demand; Open an investigation into the events of 911. Hell, he might even be elected.

    Lieberman should demand that lawmakers see all of the videos from the pentagon on the morning of 911. Then, he should get Rummy to explain how a 757 produced contrails at ground level, just in case those videos don't show what actually made those contrails (I am such a sceptic!).

    Bye-bye Rummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, though I'm quite skeptical as well, my boss's brother was in the Pentagon on 9/11, so the conspiracy theories don't hold water there, if that's what you were referring to.

    But overall I do think a thorough - and impartial - investigation into 9/11 would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete