Aug 9, 2006

Robin Williams Off to Rehab

In honor of Robin Williams's sojourn to rehab for alcoholism, here is a bit he did involving a drunk Scotsman and golf. I don't dislike Robin Williams, but I thought it would only be fitting to pay homage to him. According to the BBC article, he's not a raging alcoholic, he's just catching it before it does him harm. So THERE, Negative Nellies, calling me a misanthrope.

A Side Note: A lot of comics accuse Robin Williams of being a huge hack, but I'm having trouble finding any information on it. Personally, I've always regarded such information as jealousy among his peers who hated him because he was famous. I poo-poo that sort of stuff, because it's the worst insult to a comic and shouldn't be taken lightly.

It's like the word Goddamn. Seriously.

However, while perusing Ye Olde Webbe tonight, I found an article on Kempa.com regarding his being a joke thief, and the information doesn't bode well for Williams's innocence. There's an entire page devoted to instances of his pilfering, including the description of a word-for-word take on a Ray Romano bit (The one about putting phones in people's ears to make them more convenient. I haven't found video evidence, but it may be out there. It was on Letterman).

I will not condemn him or call him a hack. Believe what you will, but I'll never be able to watch Flubber the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment