Aug 9, 2006

Say What You Will About Mike Tyson. I Surely Won't

Though boxing has become somewhat of a joke in the - sports world, entertainment world, just plain world - world, you can still enjoy the bouts of the past, thanks to a little thing I've probably never used or mentioned, YouTube.

Tonight's foray into the past involves the second greatest boxer of all-time, Mike Tyson (The first being Muhammed Ali, obviously). Well, who I consider the second-best boxer of all-time, so I won't sound as if I'm speaking from a position of authority.

Anyway, someone put together a great montage of the guy's best moments in the ring, and, let me tell you, I don't think I would have ever stepped into the ring with that man. Not for a million dollars, not even for a single round. Anyone who says any different - well, except the people who managed to beat him, of course - is a liar.

He's retired from boxing. His final stats:

Total Fights: 58
Wins: 50
By KO: 44
Losses: 6
Draws: 0
No Contest: 2

Oh, and the background song is "The Final Countdown". (Not from Rocky IV)

No comments:

Post a Comment