Aug 2, 2006

Thanks, Mel. I, Too, Have an Addiction

I'm addicted to the new Snickers jingle. Now, make sure you hear me correctly. I'm not addicted to crack, as many people in the nation are said to be. I'm not even under the spell of the Snickers bar, though they're pretty tasty, if I must say myself.

No. It's the jingle. The new one. I can't help but watch it. I'm transfixed by the utter poppy goodness of the melody and the creamy filling of the lame white guy on the guitar.



I think the trend started with the Darius Rucker Tender Crisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch song - I have no problem with that song, by the way - and continues on with the Snickers commercial.

What is it with Burger King commercials anyway? Do you think they're consciously trying to come up with the most disturbing images to see if you'll still buy their products? Like, "We dare you to eat here next to the creepy King with the big head and Stepford smile!!!Ha!"

No comments:

Post a Comment