Aug 18, 2009

Kind of Bloop - An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis



If you've ever wondered what an NES game would sound like if scored by Miles Davis, well now's your chance. The result is 'Kind of Bloop', an 8-bit tribute to the jazz king's seminal album. So far, you can only preview the album over at Kind of Bloop.com, but it should be available for purchase (for a modest $5) on August 20. Count me in!

With that in mind, I just launched a project I've been dreaming about for years. The idea is Kind of Bloop, an 8-bit tribute to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue, one of my favorite albums of all-time. I've always wondered what chiptune jazz covers would sound like. What would the jazz masters sound like on a Nintendo Entertainment System? Coltrane on a C-64? Mingus on Amiga?


Source: Waxy.org
and OffWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment