Aug 20, 2009

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Trailer



Why is it that video games never get voice acting right? Okay, so that's a pretty shallow complaint about what otherwise looks like a solid-to-fairly-solid E3 trailer for the new Castlevania game.

Some things you might not know about it:
* Hideo Kojima is heading up the newest entry in the franchise. Go ahead and prepare yourself for extended cinematic sequences by installing a kegerator by your gaming station. Maybe stock up on Doritos as well, because I"m sure there will be plenty to sit through.

* Kojima (basically) credits his entire career to the Castlevania series. In an interview with IGN, he said (referring to which Castlevania was his favorite): "I probably would say the very first one – the reason is that when I joined the company, the division that was next door to me was creating that game at that time. Also the fact that when I was very young I had the concept of creating an action horror game that was never released, unfortunately. Capcom released Ghouls n' Goblins – I saw that released from Capcom, so I thought there was nothing to explore in the genre anymore so I gave up on it. Those two combined mean that the original is my most remembered title.

If Castlevania wasn't created next to me, and Capcom didn't release Ghouls n' Goblins, then maybe there wouldn't be any Metal Gear, and I would have created a horror action game, because I really like that genre."

No comments:

Post a Comment