Aug 29, 2009

The Fun of Found Art



I don't know about most people, but I make a lot of trash. Unintentionally, of course. On my list of priorities, it's pretty low, though it probably should be a bit higher. I know, I know. I do recycle what I can, though, but I still manage to churn out an ungodly amount of refuse, and I've been thinking of ways to deal with it.

One of the more creative ways is to take some of my old junk and do something artistic with it. The only problem is, I'm not very artistic. I consider myself more of a writer than an artiste, but I'd like to think that, with some practice, I could shape up a nice piece of Junk Art.

First things first: I'm not too savvy on my terminology, so if I screw a name up - if there is a difference between junk art and found art (and I'm sure there is) - please enlighten me. I don't want to offend anybody.

The prospect of being able to turn some of this old stuff into something approaching beauty, or at the very least, vague interest, intrigues me. If you have any ideas of what to do with old stuff and how to do it, I'm all ears. Until then, enjoy this gallery of fine art made with items considered trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment