Sep 27, 2006

TODAY is an interesting day

Instead of focusing on one thing that's making me mad or talking about a quirky issue, I think I'll just talk about how random today's news is...

A Gunman has taken several people hostage at a school in Bailey, Colorado. Do they just grow them crazy out there or is it a cultural thing, you wonder? The good news is, a few of the hostages have been released to the custody of the SWAT officers who have the building surrounded. A good question is: how far away is Columbine from this city?

California today became the first state to pass a bill which will cap greenhouse gas emissions overnight. Wow! And this overnight emission restriction will only take another forty-six years! Apparently the cap won't be fully realized until 2050, when gases will be reduced by 80 percent. Not that we'll have oil then anyway. Just kidding! I can't really complain. It's better than proposing legislation to torture people we haven't even indicted yet, I guess.

It's Google's 8th Birthday!

Steven Tyler announced that he has overcome his struggle against Hepatitis C. I don't know...I've never understood why anyone would announce being done with a humiliating problem. Unless there's an album on the way. Sorry. I just had to be cynical there. But it's a strange thing to say, "Hey, I'm done!" I guess it's better than dying with the damn disease. Oh, and a little tidbit I was not aware of...if the disease spreads without you knowing, you may have to go through chemo to get rid of it, if at all. If you refuse, then you can develop cirrhosis of the liver or liver cancer. Just remember thatthe next time you're randomly sharing needles with some guy at the sock hop.

Microsoft's XBox will be releasing an HD-DVD player later this year, beating both Sony and Nintendo to the punch.
The problem is that the machine will be $200 bucks. Couple that with the XBox and you'll be rockin' a $600 bill. Also, HD-DVD is fighting with Blu-Ray technology - which will be included in the new PS3 - to see which DVD format will be used in the futuer. SO, who do you go with? The most popular computer company in the world or the company that has been producing electronics for decades? It's tough, especially if you pick the wrong format or machine. Everyone in the audience who still owns Beta-Max will agree. If you don't know what Beta-Max is, you should probably just wait to see which side wins. Trust me.

2 comments:

  1. blu-ray all the way baby.....cause it sounds cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yeah, like Klydelanta sounds cool. Just kidding. Yeah, I think Sony will win out on this one.

    Asian.

    Also, I'm a third of the way through book V in the Dark Tower series. I'm creeping up on the end.

    ReplyDelete