Sep 25, 2006

Back in Black - and I'm Just Plain Back.

I know that the flower of the blogosphere wilted a little bit in my absence this weekend, but I am back to water the roots and make sure that it's greener than ever in the next green season.

A wedding required my attendance, and since I never turn down a trip to the beach, I had to say yes (that, and it was my brother).

But I'm back, and I'm pissed! It's everyday that something makes me mad, but I feel a free-floating hostilifest coming on right now.

It involves the line at fast food places, and for once it doesn't involve the employees. It has to do with the idiots who stand in line and ignore the rules of fast food engagement. You never ignore the rules of engagement when you're standing in line, and the D.A. in front of me at Barberitos completely and obliviously threw caution to the wind yesterday, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE EMPLOYEES, no less.

What happened is this: Lady Protocol and I stopped in at the Five Points Barberitos for a bite yesterday - for those of you who don't know or don't care about that fact, move on move one - and it was noticeably busy. We pressed on despite the problem and stood in line behind D.A. and his two friends, Boring Guy and Mumbling Girl.

D.A. begins to yammer and talk VERY LOUDLY even as we're just walking in the door. He then proceeds to talk about how much better he likes Qdoba than Barberitos and how their burritos are superior in quality and texture - although not in those terms - than the establishment where he is engaging in commerce.

I thought I had been caught in the nexus of the universe. First of all, Barberitos has the best burritos in town.

Well, I don't have a second point, but suffice it to say that this guy was a complete Douche Bag and I really don't like rude people in respectable establishments acting like that. Had it been a whorehouse and he talked about how the 'gina Joint down the street had a better deal for the quality, I'd understand.

To defame Barberitos, however, is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment