Sep 4, 2006

Late Night - Thank You, Dane Cook

I'm posting at such a crazy hour tonight because of Dane Cook. It is his fault you have been neglected, my friends.



Boo this man.

No, seriously, I had to watch his newest special, Vicious Circle, and it was pretty funny, even though he recycled some earlier stuff.

Other than that, the world is about the same for the old Jinxmeister. Lady Jinx ed yo decided to move to New York City. That's pretty amazing, huh?

We've started to look for apartments, and that is not looking pretty. Looking for apartments in New York is like looking for caskets in a third world country, if ya get what I'm saying.

Here's an exercise for you: grab a box of Cheez-Its. Take one out of the box and place it on the ground at your feet. Jump right on top of the small orange square.

That's a 1000 dollar a month apartment in New York City.



Well, I can't be sure that I love the city yet, but I'm for sure excited about the potential of moving there. What sucks is that I learned something new tonight. When you get an apartment, you have to give them the a) first month's rent b)last month's rent and c) the security deposit (which is equal to one month's rent).

Just to emphasize this point, let's do some calculations. Just say the apartment is 1500 bucks a month, and that is a conservative estimate.

1500 X 3 = 4500.

If my calculations are correct - and I'm pretty sure they are - that means you have to have 4500 DOLLARS WHEN YOU SIGN THE LEASE!!! Holy shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment