Jul 27, 2006

A Site About My Town

From now on, I'm going to try to include more info about Athens, the town where I reside. It's a cool place, strange and wonderfully uncool at the same time. But it's also one of the best places in the world, if you enjoy all of the meshing that goes on here. There's townies, sorority kids, homeless people, rich people, football fans, foreign guys and girls, tourists, painters, sculptors, writers, teachers, and just plain people who take up space.

If you've never been here, Overheard in Athens is a good introduction to the city.

It's merely a collection of quotes and things "overheard in Athens." If you think stereotypes of sorority girls in Athens are unfair, you should probably visit this site. I'm not saying that ALL of the dumb girl quotes are perpetrated by sorority girls, but I can envision a few of my Greek friends saying things very similar to what is being posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment