Jul 4, 2006

My Cool/Weird/Nerdy/Strange/Hipster/Etc. Site of the Week!

I'm a Reagan Baby, so there were certain things that I enjoyed as a child of the Eighties.

One of those things, I'll admit, was G.I. Joe. For those of you who don't know, G.I. Joe was combination toy line/30 minute children's commercial that, along with Transformers, was unstoppable in the 80s. It was the ultimate in American pride, so it's only fitting that a web site devoted to such a subject be my July 4th site.

Storm Shadow, Roadblock (who always spoke in rhyme on the show), Sergeant Slaughter, Flint, and Duke. Oh, man, Duke was the hero of ALL heroes way back.

If you didn't grow up in my generation, none of this will apply to you. But, if you did play with G.I. Joes as a kid, Yo Joe will definitely drag you screaming down memory lane. Now, this site is dedicated mostly to the toys themselves, which is what I dug, so don't be afraid to look around for the cartoon stuff too.

There's a hilarious "remixing" of the Public Service Announcements at Ebaum's World. They're pretty funny. But I've got to warn you: watching them will make you crave the old T.V. show.

No comments:

Post a Comment