Jul 4, 2006

Eunuch Myth-Busting

I've always wondered to what extent Eunuchs are incapable of being sexual. It's not a fascination or anything, but something that I don't know much about. I learned tonight that it is a misconception that Eunuchs are incapable of getting aroused. They just can't reproduce. Actually, it's rumored that women in various dynasties and whatnot actually preferred them because they could last longer in bed, as they could not physically get there.

Talk about a plan backfiring.

It's not proper conversation, but I just had to reveal that I learned something not movie related today. Okay. Maybe you did too. The trick is seeing if you can squeeze it into conversation sometime soon. I dare you.

Funny side note:
One of the few pop culture references to eunuchs is in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack Sparrow calls Will Turner refers to Will Turner as a eunuch several times in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment