Jul 12, 2006

Hello? Has Anyone Seen My Gametap?

I know it's not the newest development, but has anyone heard of or tried Gametap? I've been thinking about trying it for some time now, but I haven't gathered the cojones together to actually go through with it (cojones are very hard to come by in my area).

Also, I don't know anyone else who uses Gametap. Considering how media and tech savvy my friends are, that's a very telling sign.

And it is all but impossible to find out how much the service actually costs on the web site. Not even in the hip, cool, not-very-uninfommercial style demo do they mention the price. I had to navigate the Help section to get the answer (It's 9.95 a month, by the way). That's not really a qualm so much as an irritation. You don't have that sort of problem with places like Netflix. They post it right on their ads. Is it a secret? I hope I didn't unlock some sort of third dimension, where you need to be a computer hacker to find out how much things cost.

Sorry, a little off-base with that last comment. Anyway, my point is that my old age and techno-quirkiness is preventing me from taking the plunge into Gametap. Am I being unreasonably irrational?

No comments:

Post a Comment