Jul 28, 2006

Girls Next Door is a Terrible Show.

All right, so my girlfriend was watching the E! show Girls Next Door - I promise you I wasn't - and I thought I would come blog about it, maybe create a discourse.

I'm not against Playboy, but I'm against bad television. And I've got to be honest, Girls Next Door has "next to nothing" worth watching. Ha!

Apparently there is a new season coming out - I didn't know the first one existed - and I got on the web to look up some information about Hef's early anti Women's Movement stuff. I thought it would play nicely with the upcoming show (something about newsworthiness).

Anyway, that idea tanked because I CAN'T FIND ANY INFORMATION ON IT! Anyone who has ever seen, heard of, or viewed with braile an issue of Playboy knows that issues with feminists and so forth were and are inevitable, but supposedly Hef was very anti women's lib early on. Of course, I can't quote anything since I have no proof, but I thought it was out there. Oh well.

Where do I stand on Playboy as a whole?

I don't know.

I mean, I've seen Killing Us Softly and I'm not an uneducated heathen, but I can't say that I'm against it. I don't have a subscription to the magazine - I used to - but I don't think that presents a totally degrades women. I also don't believe that it is a glowing representation, either.

As with most issues of any importance, I don't really know where I stand. I can't help but to be attracted to an attractive woman, but I also don't think that all attractive women have to be busty and blonde. There are plenty of women out there who are beautiful and don't have to do anything.

Blah blah blah.

The point is, you can look at it if you want to. If you don't, walk by it at the newsstand. Personally, I don't think that the people who read Playboy are likely to start attending feminist rallies in the near future, and the people who don't read Playboy aren't turning into sex maniacs because of the magazine's existence. If Playboy did not exist, underage guys would just have to go back to using their imaginations to figure out what women look like naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment