Jul 20, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

I discovered a movie called Little Miss Sunshine while perusing the Fox Searchlight site tonight.

I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet, so it's definitely under the radar. But it boasts a cool cast - Steve Carell, Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin, and Toni Collete - and Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris directed it, so it stands a good chance of hitting all the right notes.

It looks reminiscent of something Wes Anderson would do, but I don't want to take away from the movie itself. Check out the web site for the movie if you want to learn more about it. Also, I believe Steve Carell plays a homosexual in the movie, so that ought to be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. me and tab saw a preview for this before "a scanner darkly" movie. looks good. i also wanna check out "wordplay" you should see if any of the theaters nearby are gonna pick it up. it also looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete