Oct 10, 2009

To Catch a Predator: Predator Edition



In lieu of the cast of the new 'Predator' being revealed, I figured posting something snarky and hi-larious re:Predator was in order.

My original intention was to discuss the casting, but Bam Kapow has done such an awesomely thorough job, I won't even try it.

I will say that Danny Trejo is a good choice for the flick, and, though he's no Dutch, Adrien Brody is a good actor so I can get behind him as the lead. He was totally bad-ass in Hollywoodland.

The LA Times has posed a prescient question regarding Brody's box-office muscle, however:

If I were the head guys at Fox, I wouldn't just be wondering about whether Brody is a good fit for the part or not, but whether anyone would pay to see him in the leading role in a commercial film. His track record as a movie star is awfully thin, since most of the movies that relied on him for star power -- including such recent films as "Cadillac Records" and "The Jacket" -- barely made a dent at the box office, not to mention "Manolete," a film shot in early 2006 that stars Brody as the famed bullfighter that still hasn't been released in the U.S.


[Are You Kidding? Is Adrien Brody Our Next Action Hero?]

[New PREDATORS Cast Revealed]

No comments:

Post a Comment