Feb 6, 2007

Prince: The New Enemy #1?

Last night, after I returned a book at Borders, I drove to LP's house. That's not important, but what I was listening on the radio is.

I consider myself a Progressive Libertarian - I don't know if that makes any sense - but I have a strange predilection for right-wing talk radio. I can't stand it - I think the hosts are, for the most part, wrong - but I can't help but listen to it anyway. I feel as though I am a fly-on-the-wall at the enemy's meetings.

Anyway, Laura Ingraham, who I dislike, was talking about the Super Bowl. She was outraged that Prince, of all people, had played the Super Bowl. She thought that he was too, I don't know, controversial for the Halftime Show, which I think is odd, because Prince hasn't been controversial in two decades, has he?

Whether you like Prince or not (or whatever you want to call him), you have to admit that he's not controversial, right? He's two decades removed from Eminem and 50 Cent and so on. It's not quite Paul McCartney, but it's not Marilyn Manson, either, you know?

So Laura asked for callers on the subject, and many of them were astonished that more people weren't outraged that Prince was playing the Super Bowl. They were suggesting all sorts of artists and bands who should have been there instead of Prince - one lady actuall said Earth, Wind, and Fire - and it was crazy just how out-of-touch these morons are.

And, for some reason, when they talked about controversial artists, they degraded Janet Jackson over and over, but not once did they mention Justin Timberlake. Was he not the one who pulled her bra-ish-thingy off? Was he not performing that night too? Or is it just because it was her breast that was revealed that these people only remember her?

Or is it because Janet Jackson is black and they are Republicans? Just a thought, people. Get your dander down.

I am apt to think that Republicans are becoming the new whiners in the nation, getting farther ahead than some leftist groups, especially when it comes to social issues. They complain and get so appalled all the time, and they use their children as the lynchpins in these arguments.

"We've got to do this for our children!!!" It's sickening. These people don't care about their children. They just want to hop up and down about something and blame their poor parenting skills on other people. Namely, THE LEFT, which, obviously, is a lot more powerful and clandestine than I first thought. The party that couldn't even beat the most unpopular president since Herbert Hoover, and here It is, using black breasts to subvert the democracy.

Maybe I should be committed. I play Doom 3. I played Doom 2 and Doom when they came out. I even played Castle Wolfenstein, fighting to destroy Hitler's regime. I listened to Marilyn Manson...sometimes. I still listen to bands like Cannibal Corpse and In Flames. I used to watch movies on Cinemax at Midnight on Fridays (Yeah!). I've seen The Exorcist, Seven, Evil Dead, and Halloween over a hundred times in my life, probably. I read books about serial killers (and still do), murderers, heinous crimes, and so on and so forth.

Hell, come to think of it, I amd more controversial than Prince.

4 comments:

  1. i wasn't that impressed by prince's performance, but i definitely wouldn't deem him "controversial." i sort of forgot about him until the superbowl lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfft.

    Prince:
    Strange? Yes. Slightly creepy? Yes. Should not be singing anymore because his voice sounds like crap? Definitely.

    But not controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Sides, didn't Prince find religion a few years back? That should put him right up their alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and Doom is all well and good, but do you play Diablo?

    ReplyDelete