Feb 16, 2007

Melt Your Cold, Cold Heart

My life is such a paradoxical adventure. For instance, take my geographical situation. All indicators point to the notion that maybe I'm a Northern soul. I grew up in the South, hated Country music (though I don't anymore), never really owned a pair of boots of my own, and I hated stereotypes (!).

Okay, so that's not an accurate description of the South, either. But I've always had this feeling I should be somewhere else. New York, I think, has been calling me my whole life, even though in my childhood New York, especially New York City, was like a foreign planet or something.

But, I've got to tell you, I can't stand cold weather. I just can't. I might as well be in Antartica as Georgia right now, and it's only 26 degrees. Well, that's not too shabby. Way to go, Athens!

But, either way, we're not having record snowfall and cold and such down here, and even the mildness of our winter is crazy to me.

But, someday, I do plan on living in New York City, whether I can stand the cold or not. It's not a matter of choice. It's fate, damnit! Sorry, I just wanted to complain about how cold it is for a little while. I hope you didn't mind.

2 comments:

  1. As a transplanted southerner let me tell you that you DO get used to it. I never thought I'd make it through the first winter in Seattle - I was cold all the time. I can't tell you how high our water bill was because taking a hot shower was the only way to warm up. Now it doesn't bother me at all, and the funny thing is I can no longer take the heat in the south.

    I think you should go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the summers are hotter here and the winters are colder....welcome to nyc. yeah and what that lady said....you get used to it.

    and ill believe that you're coming up here, when i see you with the moving van. hard enough just to get you to visit. joaj has been here twice and might beat you up here again, if you don't get a move on.

    me and mrs. ktl are anxiously awaiting your arrival :)

    ReplyDelete