Feb 22, 2007

Absolutely Nothing - The End of a Cat's Balls

The reasons my blogs have been so few and far between over the last week or so is because I don't really have anything exciting going on. Work is going well, just plugging along, and my personal life is just peachy. I hit 60,000 words in the first draft of my newest book. That's cool, I guess, albeit a bit pretensious sounding...

Uh...my roommate got his cat fixed. Bob Barker would be proud about that, I suppose. I would sing a song for the cat's lost, uh, junk but I'm terrible at writing lyrics. It would go something like:

Hey Conan, his name is Conan the Cat
I've watched all your falls
I remember when you couldn't jump up on the couch
And now they've cut off your balls

It's a sad, sad world
where people live in straw huts
I've got a sweet-ass house on Milledge
why can't you find both your nuts

La la la la la
La la la la la lotum
You act kind of weird
when you don't have a scrotum


Anyway, something like that.

Oh, I had to pay in this year on my federal taxes. Yep. $4.00. Isn't that kewl? I have to admit that I was extremely put-off at first - I've never not gotten money back - but this past year was also my first year out of school and I get very little in taxes taken out, so I had to expect it. But I'm not against taxes, so it's all right. Had it been, like, two hundred dollars, I probably would have been royally pissed.

But oh well.

Once something interesting comes up, I'll be sure and tell you. Thanks for stopping by. See ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. you outta be pissed thats 4 dollars you coulda saved for moving to new york.

    (you are still trying to move here....right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but not this year, I don't think. We just couldn't make the money thing happen. But soon, I promise. Otherwise, how will my superstar writing career get off the ground?

    ReplyDelete