Nov 6, 2006

Not just a Blood Ba'ath anymore

Uh, I think things just got worse for the American plight in Iraq. Only days after Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death by hanging, the newly formed Iraqi government sees members of the Ba'ath Party (also known as the Baath or B'ath Party) appointed to new jobs within that same government.

If you didn't know, Saddam Hussein was a membe of the Ba'athist Party and helped it come to prominence in Iraq.

Now, I don't know if this technically counts as Irony - situational, historical or otherwise - but I'd bet my watch and warrant that it's a hair's distance from it. Of course, I'd have to ignore the fact that it was Saddam Hussein who was the terror of the land in Iraq and not necessarily the Ba'athist Party.

You can read the article by clicking on this entire sentence.

Ah, but who's worrying about the details here?

No comments:

Post a Comment