Nov 17, 2006

Just Another Friday Night...

Hey everybody. Just got home from downtown Athens, and nothing's really changed. It's all basically the same that it's been for the last several years.

But I do think that the little things change in increments.

For example tonight, the bartender at the place we went has done a spread in Playboy. I did not know this and probably wouldn't had I not been told, but somehow it's significant.

The people have changed, but it's still all the same. The lonely girls were dancing alone under the strobe lights. The guys playing pool tried to look cool and were mean-mugging everyone else (except when we played pool, and then it looked like a giant C.H.O.A.D. Fest). The bartenders were disaffected hot chicks whose only pleasures were derived from laughing at the awkward patrons of said bar.

Etc, etc, etc.

It's almost always the same thing, although it's a little different everytime. I can now understand Darwinism a little better. Incremental changes come in small fragments, like the names of a bar.

I had fun, though, and I hope you're enjoying your Friday night.

Peace and Goodwill.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we were only down there for an hour or so after dinner at Last Resort, and I didn't call anybody.

    Somehow I feel like Bridget Fonda in Single White Female.

    And I don't remember getting an invite to hang out with you and the cool kids from Central. You have a phone, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im an angry red-neck too! babble babble babble! rawr rawr rawr.

    ReplyDelete