Oct 15, 2008

More on Those Good Ole Small-Town Values...

For those who can't watch the video, here are the highlights:
[Note: even though the syntax doesn't make sense in some of them, I tried to keep the quotes as similar as possible]

...I don't like he thinks we white people is trash...because we're not.

...When you got a [negra] running for president, you got to have a first-stringer. He's a second-stringer.

...The whole Muslim thing. Lot a people's forgot about 9/11.

...Obama and his wife, I'm concerned they may be anti-white.



Do these people not realize cameras can be hooked up to computers [and then the internet]?

To go a little bit farther, I would like to quote an article that was in the New York Times (Boo! Boo! Boo!) the other day. Or yesterday. Sorry.

Oh, New York Times, trying to maintain a modicum of professionalism with the content of this article. I actually feel sorry for the Rube who had to go to Alabama and get these quotes.

“I would think of him as I would of another of mixed race,” said Glenn Reynolds, 74, a retired textile worker in Martinsville, Va., and a former supervisor at a Goodyear plant. “God taught the children of Israel not to intermarry. You should be proud of what you are, and not intermarry.”


Now, honestly, these people are making the South look even worse than it already does. Not everyone in the South believes this 1950s Jim Crow-ish racist nonsense, but I can't really say that's not true, since we don't get another perspective. The 'trailer park after a tornado has come through' contingent of the Southern population is much more fun to interview than the one with brains.

“I’ve always been against the blacks,” said Mr. Rowell, who is in his 70s, recalling how he was arrested for throwing firecrackers in the black section of town. But now that he has three biracial grandchildren — “it was really rough on me” — he said he had “found out they were human beings, too.”

5 comments:

  1. Was that Soperton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The really racist parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read an article online:

    Apparently, Joe the Plumber owes back taxes and would actually benefit from Obama's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - I'm getting blog-killed by KTL with this TCU blowout. I made a bad decision.

    ReplyDelete