Apr 6, 2007

GrindHouse - Also, Taco Bell's Beans!!!

Okay, so I've been looking forward to the new Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez collaboration since it was announced sometime last year.

Two of my favorite directors making cheap, 70s-style schlock? What's not to love there?

But seriously, the movie looks like it's going to be full of debauched fun. Although I want to look at the current reviews, I'm trying to hold off. The Yahoo! Movies section has it as a B overall, but I don't know that it's accurate. I mean, come on. This is a purely genre movie(s)(?), so you can't really quantify it with an objective score, I don't think.

Anyway, that's the fanboy coming out in me.

Yesterday, I partook in some delicious - and supremely unhealthy - Taco Bell for lunch. I try to eat fast food once to twice a week for the strange things it does to my body.

But, until yesterday, I had no idea just how bad it is for you. Well, I did and I didn't. I've seen Supersize Me, and I know the dangers of eating fast food over and over. I'm sort of a healthy guy, so it is kept to a minimum for me.

But yesterday, when I got back to work, I mentioned what I'd gotten - a "few" cheesy bean and rice burritos - and almost had a heart attack when I saw how much each has in calories, fat, etc.

490 calories, 22 g fat, etc. Might as well have been a million! I freak out all the time - it's just how I cope - and this sent me into a health shock. I mean, yeah, cheese isn't that good for you, but I didn't think beans would be the death of me.

This is how I came to the conclusion that the beans are the killer: the plain bean burrito has 12g fat! I know they're refried and all, but the refried beans that I get from the store - Vegetarian beans - have only about 1g fat per can. What the hell are they doing to these beans, man?! You could cook those in pure lard and nt get that sort of result. Jesus.

I resolved that if I ever eat Taco Bell again - who am I kidding - that I just have to get the cheesy-bean-and-rice burrito, hold the beans. The cheese and rice will have to suffice, I suppose, as they are the healthier of the two ingredients in that concoction.

Gar!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's pure lard made to look like beans...

    Sounds like something a fast food company would do.

    ReplyDelete