Jan 19, 2007

Ta-Da! (With Nekkidness)

I work at a bookstore. A used bookstore. We buy books from students, but we also buy books from what I like to call "rogue sellers" - people who buy textbooks from various places and sell them to our establishment.

Well, today I was selling a set of books from another place and saw a writing book I thought I might like. I'm a writer (or want to be one) and and a bibliophile, so seeing books about writing usually pique my interest.

Boy, am I glad about that.

So I pick up one of the copies - one of the more pristine copies, which is so ironic - and begin to flip through, looking for sections I thought might help me in my quest to get published.

About halfway in, I see a foreign object and pull it out. Actually, it was two things. Guess. It was pictures of a naked co-ed! Hurray! My Friday was made complete before 11:00 am.

And there was not a stitch of clothing on her, either. It was glorious. I've found some pretty crazy things in books - I once found a dried marijuana leaf in an Art book - but this has to top everything I've ever seen. I'm practically gushing. It was awesome.

I hope you enjoyed my little story, and perhaps it will bring you as much happiness as it did me!

1 comment:

  1. there was a love letter written on the inside cover of a book during buyback--remember? that was hilarious.

    but i guess those pictures you found top everything else lol.

    ReplyDelete