Oct 2, 2006

A Little Lesson in Customer Service

The other day - it was Friday, actually - I picked up an order of chips & salsa from Loco's Deli and Pub - because I love that place - and a sandwich from a place to be named later. I'll call it Timmy Tohms. I do such a thing because the C&S from Loco's is 2.99 and the (*sandwich*) I get from TTs is 2.99, so it comes out to about 6.40 with tax.

Anyway, I get my C&S and I'm feeling good about my Friday ritual. I pass by the Jimbo's on Baxter and stop in to TTs, which is between Domino's Pizza and Wing Nuts, across from the Barber Shop and Beat the Bookstore.

I stand in line, my mouth watering at the idea of my favorite sandwich from there, which is a tuna on white bread. Yum yum dim sum.

When I order, the gentleman behind the counter begins my sandwich. I'm happy, I'm pumped, and I'm thinking about how my weekend is gonna rock. Because that's what I do on Fridays.

Unbeknownst to me, a BITCH who works - or hopefully worked - there walks up as the man is making my sandwich and opens her dum mouth, saying, "Ew. I hate when you guys open up that container. Tuna fish smells like cat food. Gross. I don't see how anybody eats that!"

RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE, AS THEY'RE MAKING MY EFFING SANDWICH!!!! AAAARGGGHHH!!!!

Flustered but still all right, I walked back to work and began work on my sandwich. It was tasty beyond the crappy, crappy 'tude of the dumbass working there.

And then I start to think about it, and it's almost like my GF has cheated on me. I felt betrayed by one of my fav sandwich shops - not cool, Timmy Tohms - and so I called, just to get the manager to commiserate with me and say, "yeah, that was bull. [speaking to someone near the phone] You're fired!!! Our tuna smells like petunias!"

But, alas, that did not happen. A (*gentleman*) answered the phone, CLAIMING to be the manager, though sounded younger than me and half as confident. I told him that I didn't want a refun or anything, but that the service sucked...and stuff.

His reply?

"Yeah, I'll talk, um, to her, I guess. That, uh, it won't happen again."

You know what was missing? An apology. Or anything.

I was pissed, filled with unbearable anger after being smited by a lowly sandwiche shoppe and then getting my travesty thrown in my face for having the courage to talk aloud about it.

Guys, I wouldn't go to Timmy Tohm's. It's a horrible fictional restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:56 PM

    i'm sorry about your terrible experience at said fictional restaurant, tyler. timmy tohms won't be getting any service from me any time soon, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell a bit of sexism in that reply. Hmmm. It's a fishy odor, indeed it is.

    ReplyDelete