Nov 10, 2005

Bell, Book, Band, and Candle (11/10/05)

Book: An Idiot's Guide to World War II
I've read a lot of Vonnegut and want to understand a bit of what's going on. I mean, I know what WWII entailed, but there are a lot of details that I need to cram into my fragile little mind. Okay, I get it, an idiot's guide can't possibly give me EVERTYHING that I need to know, but it's a start. ALSO: Jane Austen's Persuasion. I have to for my Romantic Lit. class. I hate it, but I have to read it.

Band: Jimi Hendrix Experience - Greatest Hits. I'm going through a pretty big Jimi phase right now.

Movie: Saving Private Ryan. I watched it the other night, and it still gets to me. There's something about the whole story and it's context that makes it hard not to feel for all of the characters in it. It's not called the "greatest generation" for nothing, folks. ALSO: Heathers. I'm AWARE that it's an eighties flick, but I need to watch it. The movie is an analogue to a play that I'm reading in my Rennaissance Drama class. It's called The Changeling, and it's about a teenager who convinces a deformed older man to kill her fiance. She thinks he wants money, but he actually wants her virginity instead. Talk about a penetrating read!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment