Feb 23, 2010

Ultra Running

UltraRunning from Matt Hart on Vimeo.



I think that I portray myself more as an athlete than actually being one. Sure I run consistently - normally every day - but being from BFGA (I won't tell you if you can't figure it out), I have a suspicious view toward runners - and any "nontraditional" athlete (soccer players, bwahahaha) - as athletes. Plus, running isn't so much a spectator sport, so I could completely lie about it and expect people to believe me. Lying about being a runner would be the easiest scam ever, if you were so desperate. So perhaps that's why I don't really consider myself a "runner", per se.

That being said, the people in this video make me soooo envious. Damn them and their ability to prove just how rugged they are (even if they do wear spandex unis). Now I have to go out and buy a camera in order to keep up. I am a hobbyist runner, a hack, the pretender, but I am very competitive, so when I see these Ultra Runners - people who run any distance longer than the traditional regulation marathon of 26.1 miles - it makes me want to don the Asics, powder up, and hit the road.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    I don't know about the mud and snow, but those mountains look amazing. Definitely something to aspire to!

    ReplyDelete