Mar 14, 2009

'IT' is Going to Be Remade

It's somewhat official that 'IT' is going to be remade, though some people are speculating that based on the success of 'Watchmen' (I guess because Watchmen was long and came out in 1986?). The guy who wrote (sigh) 'The Invasion' is going to pen the screenplay, and the time frame will probably be bumped up a couple of decades, all this according to Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we don't need an 'It' remake. As much as I would like to see Pennywise the clown again, I don't know that a condensed version of a television movie is what I really want to see on the big screen. It's more or less a bro-ama (if I can make up a new word), and cutting out 'the slow parts' would just make the story on the whole incomprehensible. It's supposed to be long and slow and, ah, hell, what am I fighting it for?

Every movie, eventually, is going to get a remake I'm sure. I should just join the bloody fray and start marching in the remake parade. After all, I'm going to see 'Last House on the Left' this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment