Feb 26, 2009

Alan Moore Talks Watchmen

Ever since I read Watchmen, I always thought Alan Moore to be incredibly unapproachable, and I guess I still think that, but because of this video I think it to a lesser degree. All you've been getting in the mainstream press is that he "Grr, doesn't want anything to do with this movie, or any other movie for that matter. They're all a bunch o' feckin' conts." Blah blah blah.



Has anybody ever seen The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, though? The guy has just a little reason to be bitter about his movie-making experiences. And, while I share his opinion that Watchmen was made to exploit it for its singularly graphic traits and is (probably) unfilmable, I don't think the movie necessarily adds to or subtracts from the quality of the graphic novel. So far, and there have only been 26 reviews as of this writing, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 81%, which is certified FRESH!

No comments:

Post a Comment