Jul 1, 2008

The Phobia List

I know that picking cool web sites and putting them on a blog is mere technological laziness, but phobias are an interest of mine (considering how many of them I actually harbor). Go to the The Phobia List and check your out.

One of my favorites: Anablephobia- Fear of looking up.

Which makes me wonder:

A) How does one develop Anablephobia
B) How is one truly, absolutely diagnosed with Anablephboia?
C) Does it warrant getting one of those little blue passes you can put in your car?

And it also makes me wonder if I have a couple undiagnosed phobias lurking around under the surface. Anyone who knows me is probably slapping his/her forehead right now, going, "Oh Jesus. Not. More. Neuroses."

Here is a short list of the fears that (I think) I have:

Ophidiophobia- Fear of snakes.
Thanatophobia or Thantophobia- Fear of death or dying.
Atychiphobia- Fear of failure.
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old.

Now, the last three are things that keep me up at night. The first one is a passing fear. Like, when I see snakes, whether on television or in person, I shriek and high-step it out of whichever room I'm in. It seems to be an effective panacea for snakes. The next question is how to high-step it out of the other three. Help me out. Oh, and 'stop being such a pussy'? I've already tried that. Doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment