Jul 7, 2009

[REC] 2 - Trailer

I have no idea what this movie is or what it's about, but it looks like a FPS, and it makes me think of Resident Evil and perhaps - PERHAPS - that's how RE should have looked. I don't know that ? REC2 ? will be any good, but the trailer is especially bloody.


It is a newer trend in horror movies for them too have a documentary feel. Nearly ten years after 'Blair Witch'. I guess it's for immersion's sake, to make you feel as though you're right there in the action. It was fairly successful for both 'Cloverfield' and 'Quarantine', but I wonder, ultimately, how useful it will be. It's ostensibly a gimmick that does little but allow characters to break the fourth wall. I'd like to see someone use the trope inventively, even though it's an invention in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment