May 1, 2008

The Things You Own End Up Owning You

"The things you own end up owning you."
~Tyler Durden, Fight Club


I've found an excellent web site for unorganized slobs like me called Unclutterer. They have an entire section on the site about cable clutter. It's amazing.

I've really become enamored with organizing my life and getting it in order. Throughout college, I amassed SO much junk that needs to be dealt with, in one way or another. That's what makes Unclutterer so useful.

Right now my spare bedroom is in disarray. I have a punching bag, 'The Thing' movie MacFarlane toys, a BOX full of Sega Genesis, SNES, and NES games, two speakers and a crapload of paper to be sorted through. But not for long. I've already begun the process of cutting everything down to size. So, for the moment, the spare bedroom closet is nearly empty and the room is filled with all the junk. But once I get through all of my clutter, both will be sorted through and organized.

I know it sounds lame, but you'd be surprised the euphoria that one can experience after getting one's 'stuff' in order. I even plan on whittling down my book collection - gasp!

Oh, and I got into Grad School last week. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on grad school. my little boy is all grow-eds up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in the 3rd pic, the gentleman with the black UGA hoodie at the head of the table is me.

    And I have not gotten wii mario kart. alas, i have been spending too much money recently and need to show some restraint. BUT I will mos def own it sometime in the future, and we will trade wii numbers and have a good ol time.

    ReplyDelete