May 5, 2006

Cinco de Mayo!

I'm making a definite effort to put some new stuff on my blog, but it's been hard lately. I worked a sixty hour week this past week (I feel like it should be followed by "to put food on your table" or something else Abusive-Fatherish), and I am wiped. But at least I got paid for the most part.

However,

it is Cinco de Mayo and I am all smiles. For all of you non-history buffs out there, Cinco de Mayo is a time for Mexicans and Mexicant's to celebrate the fifth of May, plain and simple. And it does seem like such a lovely time to have a celebration for a day.
I was going to publish this post in Spanish, but, truth be told, I only know dirty words and compliments in the language (imagine that).

Other than drinking Mexican beer and eating several baskets of Free - let me repeat, free - chips, I don't have anything to report in my life.

The Braves seem to be up to their old tricks, with losing every game they play and all. I love them and it's sort of nice to see Atlanta get back to its pre-1991 status as the worst professional sports city in the nation. There's not even really a hint of sarcasm in that statement - well, maybe a dash or a pinch but no more. The Falcons couldn't manage to put together two winning season in a row; the Hawks are, well, the Hawks; the Braves are heading straight for the cellar (though they always seem tos start out this way and win it all in the division); the Thrashers fell out of playoff contention with a week left to play; and I don't even have a clue how the other franchises are doing.
So, now that everything's all well and good with my sports, I can relax.

(Pause)

Sorry, I had to take a phone call. Anyway, everything's good and all. Bye.

I promise I'm not leaving you for a phone call. I promise.

Really.

Okay. Bye.

No, you hang up.

No, really, I don't mind.

Okay, I'll hang up.

Yeah. On three.

One.

Two.

Three.

(giggle)

Okay, for real this time.

Okay.

Okay bye.

I love you too.

Okay.

Okay bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment