Oct 16, 2009

Race With the Devil (1975)



JoBlo has put up a short feature on one of my favorite cult flicks from the 70s: Race with the Devil.

Two couples on an RV road trip head toward Aspen with visions of having the perfect vacation ... until they go ahead and witness a cult sacrifice. Now they have to outrun, and outthink, what seems to be an entire county of satanic murderers.


It's a movie that, while not very popular, would do well with a re-make. The Moviegoer has said explicitly that it would benefit from being helmed by Rob Zombie, and I'd have to say that I would agree with him. It's tawdry, and gruesome, and is filled with exploitation cliches. It'd be perfect for Zombie to do.

3 comments:

  1. The less popular, fun flicks are the ones that would benefit most from a remake. Who actually needs a remake of a movie already remade by its umpteen sequels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav flicks from the 70s. There was some heat for a while about a redo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see a re-make of this flick, and thinking about it, I wonder who I would cast in the roles.

    ReplyDelete