Oct 10, 2005

This is only a test. . .

Mark Twain once said, "Don't let school interfere with your education." He would be proud tonight, because I am learning one hell of a lesson. However, it is school that is causing, rather than inhibiting, my education. Midterms are like physicals; you dread them if you know they're coming but you can't help be satisfied with them if they go well. I have a feeling that the midterm I have tomorrow will refuse to comply with my request.

It is in the area of Romantic-era literature and I am afraid to say that I have not done the subject justice over the last two months. It's just as well, though; there's nothing I can do now except hold on and see where this ride takes me. I hope not far, however, because my grades have not awarded me much in the way of train, plane, or cab fare. I'll be lucky to get out of this college at all, much less with an array of satisfactory grades.

I have to credit Maran on this one, as she brought up an interesting point about my personality tonight. As I studied for this horrific and unjustly difficult exam, she thought it funny to point out that most people who go into tests with a certain amount of confidence and cool tend to do better on them than those who do not.

I procrastinate, panic, pander, and put off when it comes to school. I have always been that way and will be for the rest of my collegiate career, which will - hopefully - end on December 15, 2005. Pointing this out, of course, piqued my interest because she told me that I am one to freak out in advance, which is to say several days before the test, and them slowly ease into a calm just hourse before it is to begin.

What does that say?

Exactly what it implies. I am more prepared to neurotically fixate on the most immediate of tasks than to actually prepare myself for them. Let's just be happy that I don't live in an area that demands a need for preparedness and action.

So, tomorrow after the midterm, I'll be right and fit to describe my difference in opinion about this test. Until then, pray like hell for a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment